The calculator gives you a range based on the size of your sauna. It can't give you the exact answer, because:
- Materials of your sauna have an impact on the size of the sauna heater you need. If your sauna is made out of a log, glass, stone, or other non-insulated material, you can multiply the higher end of the range by 1.2. If your sauna is made out of insulated material like wood, you can pick a heater from the recommendation.
- The location of your sauna can impact the size of the sauna heater you need. If you have an outdoor sauna in a colder state like Minnesota or North Dakota, it's a good idea to pick a sauna heater from the higher end of the given spectrum.
When in doubt buy a larger sauna heater
It's not uncommon that you buy too small of a sauna heater. However, we have never heard of a client buying a too-big one. Buying a bigger sauna heater has a few benefits:
- Your heater lasts longer when you don't have to run it at full capacity all the time.
- You can reach higher temperatures if you want to.
- The heat will be more consistent. That is because a bigger heater typically has more stones, which leads to more effective storage and radiation of the heat.
If you want us to help you choose a perfect sauna heater, don't hesitate to call us at 725 777 5484 or use the chat function in the bottom of the page.